As I announced in December, I will be teaching a workshop on journalistic writing at the 35th annual Southeastern Writers Association conference in June 2010.
To gear up for that, I’m going to be featuring some interviews and spotlights with this year’s presenters:
- Sci-fi and social networking diva Charlotte Babb
- Inspirational writers Bud Hearn and Emily Sue Harvey
- Humorist Darrell Huckaby
- Award-winning children’s author Gail Langer Karwoski
- Professional freelancer and PR master J.M. Lacey
- Celebrated poet and creative writing instructor Susan Meyers
- Short fiction experts Sheila Hudson and Amy Munnell
- Romance author Berta Platas
- Historical fiction guru David L. Robbins
- Sarah Jane Freymann Literary Agency agent Katharine Sands
- and moi (OK, I’m not interviewing myself. If you want the gist of what I’ll be teaching, click here.)
Held at the beautiful Epworth by the Sea in St. Simon’s Island, Ga., SWA’s annual conference is the perfect place to soak up some rays along with some writing knowledge from these seasoned professionals.
In addition to workshops led by the aforementioned instructors, the SWA conference offers:
Up to 3 manuscript evaluations, including personal conferences with instructors
Free entry in up to 15 contests (in fiction, poetry, nonfiction, inspiration, humor, romance, and science fiction & fantasy)
The chance to network with a literary agent, successful authors, and writers in all stages of their careers
A place to sell your books, whether you are pubbed or self-pubbed
Don’t wait to sign up, however. Registration is open—and you must be registered by April 1 in order to participate in contests and manuscript evaluations, so reserve your spot today!