Interested in writing? Want to come see me? I’ve got just to conference for you: the Southeastern Writers Association conference.
The 35th annual Southeastern Writers Association conference will be held June 20-24 in scenic St. Simons Island, Ga.
The full conference fee is $395, and it includes:
- Up to three manuscript evaluations
- One-on-one critiques with instructors
- Entry into up to 15 contests (in fiction, poetry, nonfiction, inspiration, humor, romance, juvenile writing—children’s through young adult—science fiction and fantasy)—cash prizes for winners!
- Access to all workshops, evening speeches, and open mic night
- A one-year membership to SWA
WHY YOU NEED TO REGISTER NOW
While registration is open until the conference takes place, you’ve got just one more week to take advantage of the manuscript evaluations and contest entries—the deadline is April 1.
Held at the beautiful Epworth by the Sea in St. Simons Island, Ga., SWA’s annual conference is the perfect place to soak up some rays along with some writing knowledge from seasoned professionals.
As well, at $395 for a four-day conference, SWA is a steal. Check around; most other conferences and writers’ retreats charge extra for manuscript critiques and contests.
Did I mention I will be teaching a workshop on journalistic writing? Come heckle me!** To learn more about my workshop, click here.
I LIKE YOU AND EVERYTHING, BUT WHO ELSE WILL BE THERE?
This year’s presenters include:
- Sci-fi and social networking diva Charlotte Babb
- Inspirational writers Bud Hearn and Emily Sue Harvey
- Humorist Darrell Huckaby
- Award-winning children’s author Gail Langer Karwoski
- Professional freelancer and PR master J.M. Lacey
- Celebrated poet and creative writing instructor Susan Meyers
- Short nonfiction experts Sheila Hudson and Amy Munnell
- Romance author Berta Platas
- Historical fiction guru David L. Robbins
- Sarah Jane Freymann Literary Agency agent Katharine Sands
To learn more about these presenters, click here or click on the presenters’ names above to see my interview series featuring several of them.
For more information about the Southeastern Writers Association conference, please see their registration page as well as my recent post.
Again, you must be registered by April 1 in order to gain full access to all this conference has to offer, so reserve your spot today!
**Actually, while I would love to see you, I’d rather you didn’t heckle me!